Life as MommyMo

Friday, May 02, 2008

On to Wave 2

I've had a few people ask what the heck I'm talking about when I say I'm following the Sonoma Diet. Basically, it's a lean protein, vegetable, fruit and whole grains diet. I've heard it compared to South Beach and Sugar Busters. I chose it because one of my bestest buddies has lost a ton of weight on it (that's the best kind of motivation!) and because the recipes ALL sounded great when I perused the book and web site before making up my mind. I also just knew I needed something different.

When Sam was coming home, I did a good job of following a plan. I used his impending arrival as my focal point for getting healthier. I really need to do the same thing again, and so far, Rob and I are loving this.

It's not that interesting to listen to someone else talk about a diet, but I wanted to log my progress for myself so that I stay on my game. I officially begin Wave 2 today (I can't wait to go buy some fruit!) and have lost just over five pounds now. I'm on my own this weekend since Rob is in Ohio for a Relay meeting, but I have already made a shopping list and planned a few of the recipes that I'm going to make. Anyone who knows me well knows how WEIRD this is for me. I don't cook on a good day. And cooking when home by myself? Never. But...watch me go! I'm going to make Shrimp Serrano tonight. Doesn't that make me sound fancy?!

My other occupation while Rob is out of town may be spending a bit too much on scrap supplies. It's a holiday tomorrow after all. What?! Most people don't consider National Scrapbooking Day a holiday?! How is that possible?

0 comments: