Life as MommyMo

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The list

Not surprisingly, I'm focused like crazy on the "waiting to travel" list on the Holt message board. You may recall how I pored over this list when we were waiting for a match. As of today, I am #8 waiting for travel.

That's truly so-close-yet-so-far if you ask me. I made the call to DC that I have come to dread already today and was told, yet again, that our paperwork is still with the agency. For the life of me, I can't figure out how they process these cases. Why would a child who's been matched with his family since December still sit and wait when others are coming home?

I did another type of calculation this morning, apparently out of the need to wallow even more deeply. As of today, we have been waiting 81 weeks for a baby. We started the process that long ago, which is almost hard to believe. I could have had two babies by now were I going the biological route.

I must say, waiting for travel during Lent puts things in a different perspective for me. This period seems so "dark" but I know that it will be much brighter very soon. I just hope I don't end up in the funny farm by the time someone wakes up and takes some action on our behalf in Seoul.

0 comments: