Life as MommyMo

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Terrible Twos...

...are a very real thing!

Not to be naive and think that *my* kid would never act that way, but Sam's such a sweetheart most of the time that I was mildly hopeful that he wouldn't hit that terribly defiant and sometimes obnoxious phase in earnest.

He has.

Case in point: after a nice little snuggle session early this morning, Sam proceeded to very deliberately hit both Rob and I before we could wrestle him into a timeout. We literally had to stand with our backs to him, arms locked, to keep him in place. The good news is that rather than giggle the whole time -- which is typical -- he screamed like he was actually being punished. Imagine that.

I am trying to take solace in the fact that more experienced moms tell me that it's etiher age 2 or 3 that is bad. Maybe he'll be more consistently charming next year?

1 comments:

The Yanceys said...

Not to be the pessimist, but I truly believe who ever called it "terrible twos" hadn't had a 3 year old yet.

Just kidding!!!
:)