Life as MommyMo

Monday, August 07, 2006

It's so good to be home

I spent about five days in Los Angeles last week for the Relay Strategic Conference. It was a great meeting, I accomplished a lot, met some fabulous volunteers, yet of course, I just wanted to see Sam and Rob. Goes with the territory of being a traveling mommy, I suppose. The trips that are longer than a few days are harder than the quick ones...(duh, mommy!)

It didn't help that Rob told me he was "fighting" with Sam several of the days. Uh. Ok. Fighting with a toddler. I know it was just his stress talking. Sam was teething and being a grouch, which translates to not one, but two, short fuses.

Anyway, I arrived back home yesterday (via my very first first class updgrade I might add... very nice way to travel!) to a little boy that was just thrilled to see me. It was sooooo nice. The best 30 min. I've had in a while were during the ride home from the airport when Sam did nothing but hug and kiss my arm and "sniff" me, which is a big bonding thing for him. We giggled the whole time and he's been a lap baby ever since. I love that.

Today is our eighth anniversary, too. I told Rob that all I want to do is celebrate somehow as a family. We had tears in our eyes this morning when after a quick good-morning-happy-anniversary hug and kiss, Sam whined that it was "My turn! Hug me!" That's what it's all about. We never would have guessed eight years ago what a normal day like today would look like, but we couldn't have asked for me. God is so good to us!

1 comments:

The Yanceys said...

Congratulations to you and your family. Such GREAT things are happening with you.

Oh, by the way, you have been Tagged. Go to my blogsite and see what I mean....