Life as MommyMo

Sunday, March 28, 2010

No big surprise

I suppose it was going to happen at some point. After living under the same roof as a family of four for nearly a year now, we've finally all managed to get the same germ. We have become experts at lining up illnesses one behind the other, but it's a whole new world to have four people sick at the same time. Not fun. I am counting my lucky stars, however, that this particular virus is not of the intestinal variety. I could go the rest of my life without *that* shared experience.

So, we'll be going off en masse to our respective doctors tomorrow. If I knew how to do it, I'd quickly buy stock in some pharmaceutical company, since I have a feeling that at least a couple of us will be on antibiotics by this time tomorrow.

All of this newfound germiness means a rare-these-days pajama day for us. We scored a trip to Ikea yesterday before the last of us fell, so Rob is being more industrious than I have the energy to be, constructing a new dresser for Max's expanding wardrobe. I'm trying to keep the boys out of the danger zone (not only are there tools and small parts in the vicinity, I have a feeling a few choice words will also fly before the project is complete.)

In other news, Sam is home for his first ever spring break this week. Since the holiday child care program was going to be more trouble than it seemed to be worth for us, I'm preparing for a week of childcare swaps and bribery in order to get my job done with him at home. We'll also be fitting in the annual Becker Passover seder and yet another visit with a state case manager to finalize details for Max's next round of therapy. We're fortunate that our daycare center is awesome and is going to let him have speech therapy there, so that we're not trying to manage a second afternoon therapy appointment each week.

My other huge task is to kick the Easter Bunny in gear this week. I probably should have had a word with Mr. Bunny while I was not shadowed by a precocious kindergartner, but Rob and I had back-to-back work trips, so eggs and cellophane grass just weren't on my radar.

0 comments: