Life as MommyMo

Monday, December 17, 2007

Big {BOY} Pants

Apparently there's something to be said for cold turkey. Sam's been ready to use the "big boy potty" for a long time now, but just tells us that he's "too busy" when it comes time to go. He's using the restroom like a champ at school, but just has zero interest at home.

Well, I decided that any kid who could tell me in these exact words -- Mommy, please leave the room so I can poop alone -- that he was feeling the urge was ready to ditch the diapers. So, that's what we did.

He used that line on me Saturday morning and I replied that I would, indeed, leave the room, but that I was going upstairs to get underwear. I told him that last was his last pair of poopy pants and so it was.

It's been relatively smooth sailing so far. We had one accident yesterday that I won't go into detail about, but I think the fact that the house was full of people gave him some stage fright. The mess was traumatic enough that I think it left an impression. Our only issue is that when we go to put a pull-up on at night, he wails, assuming he's failed at his mission and will not receive the coveted Crash N Go Speed Raceway that we've promised as a reward.

I'm anxious to hear how school went today. I'll be kicking myself for a while if the only step needed to seal the deal was me just decreeing that we were moving on to underwear. Now, actually finding underwear to fit a bottom that has stalled out at a 12-month size is a feat of it's own. I bought the teeniest skivvies I could find, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to see what kind of hot-water tricks I can do in order to keep the things on him!

In other, less personal and possibly yucky news, I finished the LO you see above in honor of Lauren Reid's feature on Dishin' The Digi Coast 2 Coast. The show talks up cool digital products for scrappers like me. I'm new to Lauren's team and was actually surprised that her "Wonky Templates" hadn't been on the show before. They're such fun to play with and stand out from so many of the other shapes elements that I've collected. For all those people I've taken to enabling lately, you can find these and many other fun things at her Oscraps store.

I'm officially on vacation for the rest of the year as of this afternoon! Nice that I've managed to pick up another bug. I hope it's just one of the colds that I've managed to fend off a couple of other times this year, or else I think I'll wind up spending the time I should be finishing up with Christmas plans laying on the couch trying to breathe. What a vacation that will be.

0 comments: