Life as MommyMo

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Single Digits

We are now officially in the top ten on the UNofficial Holt "Waiting for Referral" list! I just peeked in and saw that we are #9 on the list that tracks everyone, regardless of requests for gender. We are #7 on the list of families waiting for either gender or a boy.

This is all very technical and probably boring to anyone not obsessing about our match date... which I admit is nearly everyone else in the world. However, it's very exciting for us. I not-so-secretly hope that we'll be matched with a baby before Christmas.

We typically decorate our Christmas tree with an ornament that somehow represents the "biggest" thing that happened to us that year. (This is a completely stolen idea from my sister-in-law's sister... but she's more creative than me and actually MAKES the ornaments. I'm nowhere near that talented and just buy a close facsimile of and object representing the event we are trying to commemorate.)

This year's ornament, we've decided, needs to be a clock to remind us of all of the waiting we've done. We've waited for a baby. We've waited for our new kitchen. You get the idea. So... you'd think a clock ornament would be easy to find. Not so much. Any ideas?? Maybe I can drag my feet a bit longer and have a new baby ornament to add to the tree instead!

3 comments:

shelley said...

That is awesome! We're doing a happy adoption single digit dance out here in the northwest.

Never mind how odd we look. :)

Congrats!! One step closer...

shelley said...

That is awesome! We're doing a happy adoption single digit dance out here in the northwest.

Never mind how odd we look. :)

Congrats!! One step closer...

Kimgw74 said...

Woohooo!!!! Can I tell you that I am obsessing about it also for you, but never want to bring it up incase you aren't thinking about it at that time!!!! I soooo hope you have a baby before Christmas too!!!!! That would be very very exciting!!

I saw a Big Ben clock at Macy's..