Life as MommyMo

Friday, March 24, 2006

Back and Forth

I posted earlier that Sam was starting to talk to me when I call home while away for work. He's actually having real "conversations" with me now! He listens to what I say, then responds. It's so cute. It also makes me happy to know that he knows it's me on the phone. It's our routine to talk at about 6:30 a.m.... regardless of the time zone I'm in, I might add. This week when I asked him how he was doing, he replied, "Fine. Thank you!"

His memory and vocabulary continue to amaze me, too. I'll admit that I have no gauge and, of course, regard him as the world's most intelligent child, but it's still fun to be caught off guard by some word that he knows. I was holding him last night when he was crying. I asked him what he wanted and he replied, "Your room." Sure enough, I took him in our room, and he quieted right down. This morning, as we walked by his door, he pointed and said, "My room." I secretly think that he knows his mommy is an editor at heart and is trying to win me over with his impressive grammatical skill.

0 comments: